For-Hire Transportation Now ‘Essential’
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security just added the For-Hire transportation industry to its list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers,” a vital designation for fleet operators amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
This designation comes after The Transportation Alliance sent an urgent letter to DHS Acting Secretary Chad Wolf last week. This is the first time the private sector, For-Hire transportation industry has been explicitly named as part of the nation’s critical infrastructure at the federal level. Specifically, the newly added provisions cover:
- Employees supporting personal and commercial transportation services – including taxis, delivery services, vehicle rental services, bicycle maintenance and car-sharing services, and transportation network providers.
- Bus drivers and workers who provide or support intercity, commuter, and charter bus service in support of other essential services or functions
What Model 1 is Doing to Help Keep Our Industry Moving
In an effort to assist operators during these challenging times we are offering several unique solutions:
- Short-term lease programs on used equipment
- Customized finance solutions
- Since some dealers are unavailable, we are making our Model 1 Team available to assist with any Part or Service-related needs regardless if the bus was purchased from Model 1.
Though it’s not business as usual, Model 1 is ready to listen and help our customers however possible. Please contact us today at 888.200.5022 and let us know what we can do to help “Keep you Moving”.