Popular School Bus Features and Accessories
When shopping for a school bus, it’s important to know the features and accessories to prioritize. The following are some common amenities to consider.
TO IMPROVE DRIVING SKILLS
Some school bus technology focuses on helping the drivers continually improve their driving skills.
- Technology that offers coaching for drivers and reinforces good driving habits.
- Technology that provides real-time information about employees’ driving records.
The data captured by these types of technologies can help organizations develop employee improvement plans and help support employee skill growth.
TO IMPROVE SCHOOL BUS MAINTENANCE
School bus maintenance can seem a daunting task, especially for those with larger fleets. That’s where maintenance programs can be a helpful asset.
- Programs that monitor various aspects of school bus tire health, such as tread depth and dual tire matching status.
School bus maintenance programs can help fleet owners stay organized and keep up with the essential preventative and routine maintenance tasks that are otherwise easy to forget about.
TO IMPROVE SAFETY ON THE ROAD
Safety is the priority for school bus drivers and there are plenty of resources to help maintain a safe environment.
- Technology that gives collision avoidance alerts, alerting drivers to issues from tailgating to lane departure.
- Stop-arm solutions record the license plates of violators.
- School bus surveillance technology to boost onboard safety.
These tools help promote a safe experience inside the school bus and on the open road.
For more information or to explore school buses for sale, contact the experts at Model 1. We are the nation’s largest bus dealer and can help you find the best-fitting vehicle for your budget and needs.